atw: Re: Correct usage conundrum: 'Match to' vs 'Match with'

  • From: Ken Randall <kenneth_james_randall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:45:31 -0800 (PST)

I think there may be a cultural, rather than a linguistic issue,
here.  Americans in their usual self-promoting way may present
their opinions are facts (... and that's a fact"). That may be a
debating device to win the argument, make themselves look
good etc.  Exaggerating in this way does not necessarily mean
that they do not understand the difference between a fact and
an opinion.