atw: Re: Converting pdf to Word?

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:40:53 +1100

Acrobat (proper - not the Reader, I think) 5 and higher has a Save As RTF
facility.

But converting a beautifully designed, cross platform document distribution
system to Word, Bridget (Knaus)?

Sacrilege!  You are just giving in to the "Evil Empire" and changing the
work from a platform independent and almost virus proof format into
precisely the opposite.

Also, there may be many copyright (infringement) considerations here if you
are (as I would trust that you are not) disassembling the creative work of
others and reusing the information in another form.  Check for disclaimers
in the document and its properties information, first.

Your ability to convert the PDF in question might also be limited by its
security settings, which might prevent Save As RTF, copy and paste.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas