atw: Re: Consultancy vs contracting

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 12:28:17 +1000

Dear Peter (Stroud).

Christine is an accomplished and very highly experienced writer who has
asked for the advice of her peers on this list, as she progresses into a
more independent and consultative role.

IMNSHO, such a response from you was both highly judgmental (especially
given the isolation afforded by this list) and, I would say, rather
uncalled for.

How about working with our colleagues who are trying to grow
professionally, instead of being so instantly dismissive, based on a few
questions in an E-mail?

Give her a chance.

Enough of the highfalutin BS please, PS.

You don't need to be riddled with jargon to be a consultant.  In fact,
consulting being an iterative and customer focused process, I have always
found that Plain English works best, all the way through to the
documentation end product.

Sincerely,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas