atw: Re: Australian source of citation advice [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

  • From: Howard.Silcock@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:32:00 +1000

> I'm American, so take this with a grain of salt, but I don't
think there's any specific Australian style guide.

Maybe you should make that several grains of salt. The one I already
referred (Style manual: For authors, editors and printers) to has been
used, in successive editions, in government departments since 1966. Then
there's The Cambridge Guide to Australian English Usage, by Pam Peters,
The Australian Writers' and Editors' Guide (Oxford Uni Press), The
Macquarie Writer's Friend (Macquarie Library) and one called Right Words
that I can't find on my shelf at the moment.

I've seen others too, but can't recall the details at the moment.

Howard

"Elenbaas, Dina" <Dina.Elenbaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/09/2008 08:55 AM
Please respond to
austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
atw: Re: Australian source of citation advice [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

>>Are you aware of any reputable Austrlian source on how to cite
electonic sources such as websites, web pages , emails etc?
I have a link to good US sources but would prefer an Australian one.>>

From what I understand, it's going to depend on which style guide you're
using. I'm American, so take this with a grain of salt, but I don't
think there's any specific Australian style guide. Most of the documents
I've seen here use style guides like Harvard and Chicago, which are both
American style guides.

Of course, I could certainly be wrong.

IMPORTANT CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-mail (including any documents referred to in, or attached, to this
E-mail) may contain information that is personal, confidential or the
subject of copyright, privilege or other proprietary rights in favor of
Aristocrat, its affiliates or third parties. This E-mail is intended only
for the named addressee. Any privacy, confidence, legal professional
privilege, copyright or other proprietary rights in favor of Aristocrat,
its affiliates or third parties, is not lost if this E-mail was sent to
you by mistake.

If you received this E-mail by mistake you should: (i) not copy, disclose,
distribute or otherwise use it, or its contents, without the consent of
Aristocrat or the owner of the relevant rights; (ii) let us know of the
mistake by reply E-mail or by telephone (AUS +61 2 9413 6300 or USA
1-877-274-9661); and (iii) delete it from your system and destroy all
copies.

Any personal information contained in this E-mail must be handled in
accordance with applicable privacy laws.

Electronic and internet communications can be interfered with or affected
by viruses and other defects. As a result, such communications may not be
successfully received or, if received, may cause interference with the
integrity of receiving, processing or related systems (including hardware,
software and data or information on, or using, that hardware or software).
Aristocrat gives no assurances in relation to these matters.

If you have any doubts about the veracity or integrity of any electronic
communication we appear to have sent you, please call (AUS +61 2 9413 6300
or USA 1-877-274-9661) for clarification.