atw: Re: Anyone tried Microsoft anti-spyware?

  • From: "Peter G. Martin" <pmartin11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:02:08 +1100

Just into= slashdot:

>=A0A trojan has= targeted Microsoft's AntiSpyware program,
>=A0deleting all files within the= C:\Program
>=A0Files\AntiSpyware folder, as well= as logging
>=A0keystrokes at several online= banking sites." The good>=A0news is that
it's a= Trojan, so one still has to bother>=A0with running an= attached
file.

There are targets, and= targets, and the hint from MicroSoft that they might
be selling this= program instead of giving it away probably wasn't necessary
to make it a= prime target.

Now all we need to know is= that the antispyware program actually secretly
invokes code from= InternetExplorer....

That would just about seal= it...

--Peter M