atw: Outlook Express vs Opera vs Eudora/Free Agent

  • From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Australian Technical Writers List <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:30:57 +1000

John New asked,
>... for my email and newsgroups I'm thinking of switching from OE to
>either Opera or a combination of Eudora plus Free Agent.
>
>Would anyone like to venture an opinion on the best combination and why.

John, I use the combination of Eudora 5.2 (adware version) and Free Agent.
No particular reason except I started using them a few years ago (when
Eudora was at 4.2), liked them, and saw no reason to investigate further.
I've only recently started using Opera 7.2 (adware version) on a regular
basis (no particular reason why I hadn't used Opera much earlier... just
never got around to it). I have never used OE; before I started using
Eudora, I used Netscape.

So, best way to go? Dunno. Good combination for me? Definitely.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Technical Editors' Eyrie  http://www.jeanweber.com/