atw: Opprotunity for new graduates / newbie type people

  • From: Robert Phillips <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:23:27 +1100

Hello,

Over the Summer holidays my client employed a bunch of Uni students
in testing the software in a range of television set top boxes.  Uni
is back, students are gone, but there is still heaps of work to be
done.

I suggested we could probably get some new UWS-type writing course
graduates who would welcome a chance to get a first tech writing job
to put on their resume.

The job involves following a set of long test procedures, when things
don't make sense, find out why, documenting the changes and then
continue testing.  It is not rocket science, but it is suitable for
the resume and it is a start in the field.

The work available is for 2 people for about 3 months and probably
another 2 for about 2 months.  Pay is LOW -- A$20/hour -- remember,
you are competing with student rates.  A technically orientated
background is not essential, but could be a differentiator when
choosing between two candidates.

Location is North Ryde and there is plenty of parking at this site.

I only visit this list occasionally, so if you are really interested,
the best, best, best thing is to ring me on 0414828855 and send a
resume to me at rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  I only have a couple of days to
turn up interested people -- after that the client will go down their
usual path for finding people for this type of work.  So if you think
it is worth it, call me ASAP.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Phillips
www.lasotell.com.au

Robert Phillips
Lasotell Pty Ltd
PO Box 97
Wahroonga  NSW  2076
AUSTRALIA
Phone&Fax: +61-2-94402033
Mobile: +61-414-828855
rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://www.lasotell.com.au>
Stick: n. boomerang that won't come back.