atw: Off Topic bigtime. The definitive Mr or Ms Politically Correct?

  • From: "Christine Birtley-Kent" <c.bkent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 08:52:27 +1000

Hi Michael - keep 'em coming!

I have spotted a new Friday sport - it's called 'let's get a rise out of the
politically correct' - within the bounds of Aussie good taste, of course.
So far Michael is the unchallenged champion, entertaining us with his
humorous mails, and providing us with the secondary benefit of a good giggle
at the 'upholders of moral righteousness'.

But there must be other humorous contenders out there!  Who else is game to
invoke the wrath of the  'moral minority'?

May that good Aussie Larrikin tradition of taking the pee pee out of
everyone, including ourselves, not be killed by the 'fun police'.  So wade
in guys, take a chance - we may all just get to laugh that little bit more
each day.

Ah, but that's right, we all have to become politically correct clones of
.....well.....just who is the standard, I wonder?  Who is the definitive Mr
or Ms Politically Correct, on whom must all model ourselves?  Who is this
invisible killjoy who gets to sit in kerb-side cafes, sipping lattes, and
handing down directives on how we must behave?

At one stage I thought it might be Natasha Stott Despoja, but alas, even she
was not politically correct enough.

So question for those of you going stir crazy in your corporate shoe boxes
on this divine and sunny Friday (for those of us on the Queensland Coast) -
who is THE definitive Mr or Ms Politically Correct?

They must be people who use bright green shopping bags at supermarkets, and
waggle fingers at dog walkers who have run out of bright blue plastic bags.
They must tutt tutt at pavement smokers and work out every morning in the
gym.  The must never watch Summer Bay, and must always tune into AM/PM as
they commute through rush hour traffic.  And they absolutely must not, under
any circumstances, enjoy a Shannon Noll or Anthony Calea song.

Christine