atw: Next Tuesday - Westies Meeting

  • From: "Steve Hudson" <adslyy5g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:28:57 +1100

As usual it is at the Commercial Hotel in Parramatta, immediately SE of the
train station. Everyone is welcome, not just ASTC members. There is no cover
charge, but I may try and bludge a beer of ya :-) I respond well to verbal
and physical assaults I am told.

The topic is Style Guides, Big Al and myself will be presenting our
viewpoints on what we consider to be useful, functional style guides.

If you email your Style Guides to wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxxx, they will be
loaded on Wazza's laptop ready for the session.

Ideally, we will produce a best-of-breeds generic starting style guide for
technical communications to make available for free on the ASTC website, I
envisage this will take a few follow-up sessions.

Please bring pens and paper, style guides and your enthusiasm.

Additionally, I need volunteers to bring their favourite published third
party style guides, for example, CMS. Multiple style guides would be great,
so by all means bring your favourite. We can explore commonality between
them.

Steve Hudson

Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Tricky stuff with Word or words for you.
www.wordheretic.com
ABN: 86 453 419 554
"Qualified Good Tech Writer Dude"
Free Association of Words