atw: JAVA (for this dummy)

  • From: MHT <runfox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:15:54 -0600

I need to add Java recognition skills to my repertoire in preparation for
writing/editing comments in APIs. (Application Programming Interface).  Is
anyone familiar with the Java tutorials at http://www.joegrip.com?  Are
they worth a go?
I'm also considering two books: Java for Dummies and Java Programming for
Dummies.  Whilst I realize that Java for Dummies is more about using other
people's Java and not about programming, reviews have claimed that it is a
good way to get your feet wet as a complete newbie to Java (or programming
in general) and that it is also well written and easy to follow.
Any comments or suggestions?
MN Mary
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments
that take our breath away."
        --unknown