[austechwriter] Re: Word argh

  • From: "Elizabeth Fullerton" <Elizabeth.Fullerton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 09:48:09 +1000

No, that's where I'm getting the message...

Dialog title: Project Locked
Dialog text:  Project is unviewable

I can select the macro project, but I can't access it's properties (same
message). When I click on the + sign to expand it, I get the same
message. I also get the same message when I try to edit any of its
macros from a Word document

I'm wondering if I somehow managed to "Lock for viewing" from the
Project tab in the Properties dialog, but I'm sure I would have noticed
myself doing that and adding a password. Plus there doesn't seem to be
any option for unlocking it.

I can't see the macro project in the Organizer, but I can still run the
macros in it. This is becoming a bit of a problem - it's attached to my
Normal template, and I need access to the macros! (not to mention the
ones I'm half-way through developing...)

From: Elizabeth Fullerton

OK Word gurus (macro division), I have a Word argh question. To be
precise, a Word 2002/XP argh.
My Normal macro project is locked. Can't access it. Can't look at it.
Can't even view properties for it. Argh.

The Help files, naturally, only give me information about locking aspect
ratios and such - not about locking themselves! Oh, and when I click on
the Help button on the associated "Project is unviewable" button, I get
an empty help window.

Only thing I can think of is that the other day I was kinda fiddling
with macro permissions, etc the other day... ya reckon that could be
it??

I had two tasks. One was that I was asked to provide some macros for
documents which would be sent out - and which would then be
automatically rejected/destroyed by the recipient because of the
presence of macros. So I was going to write another macro for my Normal
template to remove all macros from the active document. (Actually,
eventually all macros would end up in Normal anyway, but that's not
practical for right now, and the remove-macros macro would be useful in
any case.) I was in the initial phases of seeing if I could do this, and
I discovered that I had to check the "Trust access to Visual Basic
Project" security setting, so that I could actually access macro
information. So that setting has changed. Unchanging it and restarting
Word has not made a difference to the project being locked.

I've also been looking at digital signatures, because we want to keep
our security settings fairly high, but I'd like to be able to distribute
documents with macros attached. So I created a digital signature and
attached it to my Normal macro project. Didn't have a chance to test it
on someone else's machine, because all this macro stuff has been a
background task for me - playtime for me whenever I get a few spare
minutes.

I can't see how either of the things I have done could have locked my
Normal macro project (though I admit that playing with permissions
sometimes does have this affect). Does anyone have any ideas?

Word. Argh.

Elizabeth Fullerton
Presales Operations Team
Expert Information Services Pty Ltd
Ph: (03) 8664 6107
www.expert.com

********** CAUTION - Disclaimer **********
This message may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message (or responsible for delivery of the message to
such person) you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message
is prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
you should destroy it and kindly notify the sender by reply
e-mail. Please advise immediately if you or your employer
do not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of
Expert Information Services Pty Ltd ("The Company")
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

The Company advises that this e-mail and any attached
files should be scanned to detect viruses. The Company
accepts no liability for loss or damage (whether caused
by negligence or not) resulting from the use of any
attached files.
**EIS******** End of Disclaimer **********

with

with "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.