[austechwriter] Warren Lewington update.

  • From: "Warren Lewington" <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wjlewington@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:38:11 +1000

Okay.
Here is the full story.
Next Thursday I will be admitted to the Sydney Adventist Hospital for
two to three days (maximum) for the following:
Plate inserted onto the fracture.
Ankle Arthroscopy to clean any muck out.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament in my knee re-constructed.
Biopsy taken for cartilage repair (it is cultured, made into an implant
and inserted).

In 4 to 6 weeks I will be back in for the cartilage repair. That will be
another two to three day stay.

I am sending this out to people to let you know in case it might affect
any interviews, work or social stuff. In terms of activity, I will be in
plaster for quite some time, possibly 6 to 8 weeks or a bit more. There
is an extensive program of rehab to be undertaken as well, which I will
slot around my work and other details. I apologise in advance for any
inconvenience it may cause.

The minimum recovery time I have been given is 6 months for light
activity. Twelve for a return to lifestyle. That's what the doctors are
saying. I have proved them wrong so I am not aiming for anything, but I
expect less.

If I had taken the other option of each operation one by one, I was
looking at loss of lifestyle for two or more years. That was
unacceptable.

Thanks again everyone for your kind concern.
I am not worried, I am positive (much more so than last years shocks
with my knee) and determined to get it all back!

Regards Warren.