[austechwriter] Re: Software for managing documentation projects

  • From: "Jill Nicholson" <jpnicho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:46:24 +1000

Mike
JoAnn Hackos has such an animal but I do not know how current they keep it.
I think it was built on an older version of  Excel than the one we currently
use. I know you added the data about hours per person, for example, and it
added this to total hours, converted it to  costs etc and also produced
summaries whenever required. The program did automatically break down the
hours by document/project (and person) and automatically generate status
reports at the end of each week.
I know one of the summaries available was hours expended against hours
estimated etc etc. I think I still have examples of some of this activity.
I could tell you more off-line but why not go to her web-site and send her
an email (Comtech Services Inc).
Cheers
Jill