[austechwriter] Sec Unclassified: Document Version Control Tool

  • From: "Muzrimas, Diana MS" <Diana.Muzrimas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:46:12 +1000

My current employer uses Lotus Domino.Doc as the definitive tool for storage
and version control of documentation. (Version 4, I think). I don't find it
very intuitive and it's difficult to use - Although, this could partly be
due to modifications made during the installation for security reasons and
the fact that it can only be accessed through Lotus Notes, and not through
Windows-NT Explorer, or Internet Explorer.
(In the past I have also used MS Visual Source Safe (VSS) as a version
control tool on some project assignments).

Does anyone have any feedback (pros/cons/issues/considerations) concerning
these or any other document version control tools?

Diana