[austechwriter] Re: Resumes - should interests be included

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 14:16:59 +1000

Thanks for that clarification, Paul (Birkwood).

I could only go by what is in the dictionary, having never been overseas
(Shock-Horror, I hear you say!  What?  Phillip Island isn't considered to
be overseas?).

 From what I hear from my North American friends, there are regional
differences that apply to such interpretations, so what they might say in
Silicon Valley might well differ in NYC, for example.

That reminds me, I just received (yesterday) an audio CD on How To Talk
Minnesotan from the Ace Septic Sheila on this list MHT (thanks Mary!),
which I must listen to soonish, when I have a free moment.
(It's school holidays time, you know and my two wonderful children are with
me, down on a contact visit from FNQ, so my time is not all my own - nor
should it be.)

If the Minnesotan definitions of resume and CV differ, I shall be able to
report back with some authority to this list in the near future.

Regards,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas