[austechwriter] Re: Resumes - should interests be included

  • From: "Damian Forlani-Brennan" <damian3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:34:02 +0800

I have found that including something about my interests, which range from
relatively mundane things like swimming and archery, to the more esoteric
like medieval tournament combat and volunteer ambulance work, makes me stand
out enough from other CV's - enough to rate an interview.

I have had some experiences in my early career with my CV being "edited" by
agencies, and always take a recent printout to an interview these days.

cheers

Damian Forlani-Brennan
Tara Forge
www.taraforge.com.au