[austechwriter] ISYS, dtSearch, zyImage, Verity Ultraseek, RoboInfo

  • From: "Stevens, Garry" <Garry.Stevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:11:03 +1000

Hi All:

My unit is looking for a way to pull together a disparate and disorganised
collection of docs in various formats. I've been browsing the above
products, and was wondering if anyone had any experience in any of them.

From what I can work out of the brief (I've only been here two days):

* About ten+ authors involved, producing everything from Word docs to SPSS
scripts to spreadhseets, etc.
* System must index all these forms.
* Every author must be capable of publishing to the system.
* Moderate turnover of personnel, hence the problem: what did old so-and-so
do with that document?
* File locations all over the place. Can't see much point in doing a massive
file re-org since the whole thing will disintegrate fairly rapidly thanks to
personnel turnover.
* Moderate cost: there's only ten people involved, after all.

Yours,
Garry.

This message is intended for the named addressee(s) only. It may be
confidential. If you receive this message in error please notify us
immediately by return mail and delete the message (and any attachments).
Neither the NSW Department of Community Services nor the NSW Department of
Ageing, Disability & Home Care are responsible for any changes to this
message, or the consequences of any changes to this message.