[austechwriter] Fwd: Invitation to Global Writers Survey

  • From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Australian Technical Writers List <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:48:59 +1000

Forwarded...

My name is Jerry Luther. I am an STC member and direct research for the
magazine "MultiLingual Computing & Technology." I ask for your assistance
with our survey project "Writers of Documentation that is Translated."
Please consider distributing this link to the on-line survey by e-mail to
the members of your chapter:
http://www.multilingual.com/survey/

By participating, global writers will be adding their voice to hundreds of
others who seek a more seamless, productive and cost-effective
authoring/translation process. Participants will receive a free one-year
subscription to "MultiLingual Computing & Technology" (or a one-year renewal
of their existing subscription).

The survey results will be published on-line and in a special magazine
supplement titled "Writing for Translation" that will be distributed in late
September. I need to have the surveys completed by August 15th. My
preliminary queries indicated that writers around the globe are enthusiastic
to participate. All responses remain anonymous, and we do not sell or share
our sources. I would appreciate your replying with how many members you have
distributed the survey link to so we might establish a statistical base.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Jerry Luther
Jerry Luther
Research Director
MultiLingual Computing, Inc.
319 North First Avenue, Sandpoint, ID 83864 USA
208-263-8178 Fax 208-263-6310
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.multilingual.com
Localization World Conference, October 14-16, 2003, Seattle WA, USA
- increase your expertise
- network with professionals
- test the latest tools
Details available at http://www.localizationworld.com