[austechwriter] Re: BA training

  • From: "Erisa Linsky" <slinka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:17:00 +1000

That's the old meaning of Business Analyst.  Analysing the current
procedures and functionalrequirements of a business, so that they can then
be computerised.
Now, the term: Business Analyst can mean other things altogether,
including:  looking at sales, profits, statistics or other activity and
breaking it down into business units, timeblocks,  projected figures,etc.,
It can be a very low leveltask,or a high level task. as in: Who are our best
types of customers?, What are our best channels of distribution?, Is there a
pattern to where the faults are occurring?  Should we now analyse some other
figures to get more info?
Typically spreadsheet statistical manipulation is involved amonst other
things

.