[audio-pals] Re: folks, forgive me, I'm new at this.

  • From: randy tijerina <rtijerina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 23:01:04 -0600

i'd appreciate it...I'd love to make friends here.
At 10:45 PM 2/16/2015, you wrote:
I can send you an invite, is this address okay?

Once you get the invite you would then set up your account on the web, once that verify, since it would be letting you into a shared folder it would automatically add the shared folder into your folders.

You can access either via the web or you can download and install the dropbox tool on your computer. If you have the tool on your computer you just go to a given file then use the context key and one of the options will say upload to dropbox. It will then upload. then if you can copy paste the new file over into the group box folder if it’s something for us, then the rest of us should get a notify about it being added then we just copy and paste it ourselves to our machines and listen to it. We usually keep a file up there for 2 weeks because dropbox is somewhat limited in space compared to sendspace and each file you have counts against your space regardless of what folder you have it in. The nice thing about dropbox is that it can been used between phones and computers unlike sendspace. . To access a file on Sendspace using a phone you would have to use your browser on the phone.

I will probably be doing a letter in the next day or two, and so I can explain some of this verbally too on there, and once posted you will at least have more of an idea of how I do it at least.

Oh when you put the dropbox tool on your computer, after the install it has a tour which isn’t overly accessible for some screen readers, it will just sort of go quiet, just hit enter a few times and at the last page of it it will start talking again, at that point it will give you some more space since you did the tour. Can’t remember if that’s before you put in your account info or after. Oh and dropbox works with the 3 platforms, sendspace is useless in linux unless you use the browser, but that’s not so great either. But you can upload and download files with a browser on either site. Although I’ve never downloaded a file from my own stuff with browser in dropbox I’m pretty sure it can be done.

Now off to go have some supper finally. Not sure why I’ve waited so long today, but am now actually getting hungry *lol*.

> On Feb 16, 2015, at 9:42 PM, randy tijerina <rtijerina3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> How do I even get set up with uploading a dropbox thinggy?
> At 09:24 PM 2/16/2015, you wrote:
>> Sounds good, I think that is what a pen-pal group is about right?
>>
>> > On Feb 16, 2015, at 9:22 PM, randy tijerina <rtijerina3@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'll see what i can do..to get the group familiar with me and my ways of life. How's that sound?

>> > unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
>> > the subject line of the e-mail.
>> >

>> > *
>>
>> * To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
>> the subject line of the e-mail.
>>

>> *
>

> * To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
> the subject line of the e-mail.
>

> *

put the word subscribe in