[audio-pals] a question for thomas

  • From: "jamie" <jaimemcgill27@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 20:04:08 +0100

hi thomas 
how is pat doing i hope she is well i have mist chatting to the group maybe
i should post more to you all here 
chat soon 
jamie 

-----Original Message-----
From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas McMahan
Sent: 14 August 2014 19:35
To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audio-pals] Re: VR Counselor is Horrible

Well android is just a variation of linux basically, Google controls the
rights to the name of that  system though.  Sort of like Apple owning the
term OS X for their platform but Mac OS is basically unix.  Just some extra
company development and changing.  Remember all of those versions of windows
that in reality still sat on doss?  In a way the same, only instead of just
sitting on something there is some code variation.  

On Aug 14, 2014, at 1:16 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well that was what was throwing me because I thought Google was the one
that
> got this wild hair to start Android or at least they were the one being
> given credit for such back when they first started coming out.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas McMahan
> Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:01 PM
> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [audio-pals] Re: VR Counselor is Horrible
> 
> For all intents and purposes, an android phone could be called a Google
> phone, they own android.  Welcome to the Google garden.  You have to
search
> for anything you need in there *lol*.  But everything you don't want will
be
> all around you *lol*.  
> On Aug 14, 2014, at 8:24 AM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 
>> How is the Google phones different from an Android phone or any other 
>> one I have previously mentioned. I haven't heard of one of these 
>> phones until today. I know it as you say has no place to add memory 
>> and no way to remove the battery, but what other than that sets it apart?
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daniel Crone
>> Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:39 AM
>> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: [audio-pals] Re: VR Counselor is Horrible
>> 
>> I thought of a google phone, but one cannot add memory to it.  Also, 
>> the battery cannot come out.  But that is so with iPhones.
>> On Aug 13, 2014, at 7:53 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 
>>> They are a little difficult for sure. Amanda started out with an 
>>> Android,
>> but when it came time to upgrade she is now using an Apple iPhone. 
>> Now, her step-sister talked Amanda's step-mom into switching to 
>> Android and they both love it. I am not so sure how much the step-mom 
>> loves it versus that is what the daughter likes therefore that is what 
>> she will like too. I am torn, I know that the iPhones work great, but 
>> if Apple ever decided to stop or go down hill with their accessibility 
>> then I am up the creek so I want to learn the Android so that way I 
>> have options. Plus I can expand my memory if I had an Android. I 
>> thought about buying one unlocked and just using it from time to time on
a
> pay for minutes situation, but an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 is
>> 824.00 on Amazon. So, that idea went out the window.    
>>> 
>>> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>>> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of BethAnn 
>>> LaPresta (Redacted sender "bela28_02@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
>>> Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:31 PM
>>> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Subject: [audio-pals] Re: VR Counselor is Horrible
>>> 
>>> I'm sighted and I find Android products to be a little 
>>> difficult...LOL
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:56 PM, Thomas McMahan
>> <thomas.mcmahan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Did Bethy just throw one of her sons under the triple decker bus?
>>> Well maybe she's excused on this one since hates Apple products.  One
>> thing nice about Apple products, they work out of the box for us.  
>> Can't say the same for most Androyd products.
>>> On Aug 13, 2014, at 2:50 PM, BethAnn LaPresta (Redacted sender
>> "bela28_02@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I don't hate Apple products, my son is an avid Samsung Galaxy guy and 
>>> he
>> hates Apple products.  If the iPhone products help those with vision 
>> challenges have an easier time of things---I'm all for it.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:05 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Well. is there going to be a fight *LOL*? I bet I know what it is over.
>> Bethann hates Apple products and now Heaver has went out and bought an 
>> Apple product *LOL*.
>>> 
>>> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>>> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas McMahan
>>> Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:52 PM
>>> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Subject: [audio-pals] Re: VR Counselor is Horrible
>>> 
>>> Since she used your middle name Heather, is that a sign that she is
>> wanting to visit you in Ohio because you're in trouble with her again?
>>> 
>>> On Aug 12, 2014, at 7:20 PM, Heather H <copperlee73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Um, excuse me BethAnn, there was no call for my middle name.  How rude!
>> Hi Josh and Tom!  
>>> 
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>> 
>>> On Aug 12, 2014, at 6:22 PM, "BethAnn LaPresta"
>> <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "bela28_02@xxxxxxxxx" 
>> for
>> DMARC) wrote:
>>> I didn't realize you were offering a good sized weekend getaway at 
>>> your
>> expense...I would really love a vacation right about now.  How about a 
>> trip to Ohio to visit Heather Lynn?
>>> 
>>> In all seriousness, you and I seem to attract knobheads there Joshie.  
>>> You
>> with your schooling, me with doctors.  Oy!
>>> 
>>> On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:45 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Well, it looked a little fishy or at least sounded a little fishy 
>>> when
>> Amanda was reading it. Sounded like he had budgeted for me to get it, 
>> but was not going to be dispersing it to me unless I needed it. Well, 
>> you know what happens to that kind of money a lot of times. Someone 
>> would be havinga good size weekened get away at my expense.
>>> 
>>> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>>> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas McMahan
>>> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:15 PM
>>> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Subject: [audio-pals] Re: FW: VR Counselor is Horrible
>>> 
>>> Makes you wonder what all they are doing with the money budgeted to 
>>> them
>> doesn't it?  I know in most States the budget allotment for rehab is 
>> on the bottom, but it's still pretty sizable, and at most it is 
>> frozen, not actually cut.  They are more likely to cut services.
>>> 
>>> The biggest thing you've got on them is if you take it outside the
> agency.
>> They will listen to you then because they don't want it outside.  It's 
>> been that way my whole life, and I've been around for a little while.
>>> 
>>> I think you can work out the rest for when it's necessary.  
>>> 
>>> On Aug 12, 2014, at 3:50 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> 
>>> The VR counselor sent me an e-mail this morning including his 
>>> supervisor
>> and he attempted to clarify what he didn't say yesterday, but says I 
>> must have misunderstood because he was including funding to cover my
> textbooks.
>> However, he didn't touch the fact that they cover rent and dorm room 
>> expenses for students as well as meal money. He only went on to say 
>> that if for some reason the money does not come in, in a timely manner 
>> then they would definitely reimburse me. He isn't getting the fact 
>> that he is doing this completely different from the previous two VR 
>> counselors and he refuses to provide me with any documentation 
>> regarding any changes that may have taken place.
>>>   Interesting enough I found out before my previous counselor left 
>>> that
>> due to the pay that they were offering for VR counselors, my state 
>> agency, they couldn't get anyone of any quality to take the job. This 
>> seems to be evident without her ever saying the first word. I hope and 
>> pray that he gets better in time and isn't just there for a paycheck 
>> which it is seeming that way right now. The good news is, he thought 
>> he was being a rather smart guy by including his supervisor, but now I 
>> know who she is and have her e-mail address. So, now I will start 
>> discussing all these new apparent chages with her and see what she has to
> say about it if things continue to go down hill.
>> I believe I could do his job without a degree or at least as good as 
>> he is doing anyways. Perhaps I will talk to her about taking his job
*LOL*
> j/k.
>> 
>>> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
>>> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Josh
>>> Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 9:51 PM
>>> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Subject: [audio-pals] FW: VR Counselor is Horrible
>>> 
>>> I have fought my VR counselor ever since he became my VR counselor. 
>>> He has
>> requested documents that no other counselor has requested, he has made 
>> incorrect statements regarding whether or not he will accept the 
>> university's recommendation for a lighter courseload, he has tried to 
>> shut down my continuing education, and now he is messing with my 
>> money. I did gain some ground though on the continuing education 
>> because when I first started VR I told them I want to go to law 
>> school. Well, the VR counselor at the time told me that I should 
>> probably go with a lighter load, so I did. I did make her document 
>> somewhere though that I want to go to law school.  I told my second 
>> counselor the same thing and told her I may continue on with 
>> psychology. Well, it gets to this guy who thinks he is all of that and 
>> a bag of *insert your favorite chip here* *LOL* and I talked to him 
>> briefly once before regarding continuing on and he said that they 
>> would have to see, but he sounded doubtful. So, when I was talking to 
>> him seriously about it I asked him if the department was going to pay 
>> for me to continue on with a higher degree or if I am going to have to 
>> get representation to fight for it. He didn't answer me directly and 
>> we hung up. We started discussing it off and on and he opened up the 
>> door for me to ask about law school again when he said that they 
>> cannot tell me what to do. I took the window of opportunity. The 
>> latest is I need to pick between law school and psychology and let him 
>> know by Friday. Now, a new battle has popped its ugly head up and that 
>> is him not giving me funding for my textbooks when they pay other 
>> people's rent. He wants me to go out and purchase the 5 or 600 dollars 
>> sometimes maybe even $800 worth of textbooks each semester and then 
>> they will reimburse me for supplies and textbooks. Um, no! This has 
>> never been done this way before so I want answers as to why it is this 
>> way now other than the fact I pushed them on one battle so now they 
>> are trying to come at me from a different angle. I told them I fight 
>> enough battles on my own without having to fight the very system that 
>> is there to help me by providing the funding I need to go to school. I am
> hoping that I can get someone a lot better to handle this or at least make
> him better through prayer.
>>>   For some reason though I thought when given the opportunity to go 
>>> to
>> law school I would jump on it and run, but really and truthful I am 
>> having a hard time choosing. I am actually leaning more toward mental 
>> health counselor which is completely different from what I was looking 
>> at from the get go because if I stayed with counseling and didn't go 
>> for the law school then I wanted to do family counseling, but now the 
>> mental health counseling is appealing to me. So, now that I havea choice
> the turmoil has started
>> *LOL*. Do I go for a JD or do I go for an MA in counseling.     
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> * To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: 
>> audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe via e-mail send mail to: 
>> audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the
> subject line of the e-mail.
>> To subscribe to this list send mail to: 
>> audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word subscribe in the
subject
> line of the e-mail.
>> 
>> 
>> *
>> 
>> * To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: 
>> audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe via e-mail send mail to: 
>> audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word unsubscribe in the
> subject line of the e-mail.
>> To subscribe to this list send mail to: 
>> audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and put the word subscribe in the
subject
> line of the e-mail.
>> 
>> 
>> *
> 
> * To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe via e-mail send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and
> put the word unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
> To subscribe to this list send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and
> put the word subscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
> 
> 
> *
> 
> * To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe via e-mail send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and put the word 
> unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
> To subscribe to this list send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
and put the word subscribe in 
> the subject line of the e-mail.
> 
> 
> *

* To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe via e-mail send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and
put the word 
unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
To subscribe to this list send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and
put the word subscribe in 
the subject line of the e-mail.


*

* To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe via e-mail send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and 
put the word 
unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
To subscribe to this list send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and 
put the word subscribe in 
the subject line of the e-mail.


*

Other related posts: