[audio-pals] Re: What is going on around here?

  • From: Thomas McMahan <thomas.mcmahan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 23:36:30 -0500

Emissives is still up, but is quiet.  There are a few over there who find free
lists inaccessible for their screen reader set ups.

Emissives shut down for almost a week, and I’m not sure if it’s really fully
recovered yet.  We had several members who were getting bounced off of there
because emissives and their internet providers or e-mail accounts wouldn’t play
nice.  There are still some bounces over here at free lists too at times, but
not usually enough for their counter to unsub or suspend whoever may be
bouncing at the time.  So you can pick and choose which you wish to send to or
both if you prefer.  The free lists list seems to usually have the bulk of the
e-mail going through it though.  So really we have two audio-pals groups at
this time with a large percentage of people who are in both, but one group does
have some members who aren’t in the other group, so will probably just keep
both running for a while.
Btw the emissives shut down wasn’t just our group, it was system wide.