[audio-pals] Re: Week in Review

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:05:06 -0400

Thank you and yes it is a lot of fun for adults too. I love the skeetball
game. He is having a blast. Either Amanda is feeling a little better or has
just gotten use to the pain *LOL*. I haven't heard much about the incident.
I just found out today that he is tall enough to drive on three of the
go-cart tracks at one of the places up in tourist town Pigeon Forge (Nascar
Speed Park). So, I think we are going to try and take him up there one day
this week. We have school supplies to buy also. Another thing that I believe
is in the plans is Dixie Stampede.
    The latest incident involving him is we are finding out that people that
use to be our friends believe their daughter does no wrong. I say that use
to be our friends because once a new couple moved into our apartment complex
they dropped us and went with them. Well, their daughter is quick to run and
tell on anything that Little Man does. Some things are his fault, but the
more we observed the more we started realizing that she instigates him to
try and get him in trouble so that they can exclude him by getting him into
trouble. When all this first started happening he would get in trouble and
nothing would happen to the "angel". However, L.M. has since learned that if
he tells us the complete story then we know how to best help him. Tonight is
one of those situations. They were throwing one ofthose stress balls. They
eventually came and told that he threw the ball hard and almost hit the
little girl in the face. His story is when he first got down there the
little girl said well are you going to throw it or what. This part of the
story came about because he is bad about trying to make people do things
rather than asking them. However, this time was not the case as he pointed
out she made her comment. So, they started launching the ball at him hard.
Well, he too was throwing the ball. He said that when the ball almost hit
the girl in the face no one said they were threw throwing or anything, but
rather than trying to catch the ball she stood there and looked at it and
that is when the ball almost hit her in the face.
    Due to his emotional reaction when I tried to trip him up a time or two
and the consistency in his story I have no doubt in the world that what he
is telling me is the truth as he sees it. This girl knocks on the door
constantly so he is now being informed to start knocking on her parents door
when she tries to start things with him. Amanda sent the momma a text and
her only response is the girls say that he hit her in the stomach with the
ball and they let that go (CYOA). Amanda texted back nad told the momma that
us adults all know that kids are going to leave out the parts that would get
them into trouble and we all know that kids aren't angels all the time, but
we do not believe any of them are innocent with this incident. Amanda asked
the momma why this part of the story was left out, the part with hitting her
in the stomach with the ball, when she came to tell on him since she has no
problems telling any other part of the story when he does something. It
seems logical to report the actual hit rather than the almost hit.
   There was no response back because there is no answer for this illogical
response in the first place. She knows her kid is in the wrong, but refuses
to admit it. However, Little Man went and apologized for the unintentional
almost hitting her in the face with the stress ball. He even apologized for
yelling back at the girl that yelled at him.
   The interesting part is the parents of this girl complain about her mouth
and her actions all the time toward them. They say she doesn't come home one
day that she doesn't get into trouble for her mouth. I feel bad for coming
down on him so hard in the past when more than likely she instigated him as
I have observed her do on a couple of other occasions in the past. If they
don't lose this set of blinders they have on this girl is in for a lot of
trouble in the future. We had him tell the story an number of times and the
trips were thrown in at different areas and the story remained consistent. I
know he is capable of getting into trouble with his mouth, but I also can
tell when he is trying to get away with something. This time he isn't 100%
guilty, I am not sure he is even 25% guilty, but nonetheless there was an
issue so there had to be at the least a discussion. so we just talked to him
about not throwing the ball where it will hit someone in the face. I am glad
that he didn't get into trouble with this incident because I am looking
forward to heading up to Pigeon Forge tomorrow or the next day.