[audio-pals] Re: VR Counselor is Horrible

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 09:24:41 -0400

How is the Google phones different from an Android phone or any other one I
have previously mentioned. I haven't heard of one of these phones until
today. I know it as you say has no place to add memory and no way to remove
the battery, but what other than that sets it apart?

-----Original Message-----
From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Daniel Crone
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:39 AM
To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audio-pals] Re: VR Counselor is Horrible

I thought of a google phone, but one cannot add memory to it.  Also, the
battery cannot come out.  But that is so with iPhones.
On Aug 13, 2014, at 7:53 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> They are a little difficult for sure. Amanda started out with an Android,
but when it came time to upgrade she is now using an Apple iPhone. Now, her
step-sister talked Amanda's step-mom into switching to Android and they both
love it. I am not so sure how much the step-mom loves it versus that is what
the daughter likes therefore that is what she will like too. I am torn, I
know that the iPhones work great, but if Apple ever decided to stop or go
down hill with their accessibility then I am up the creek so I want to learn
the Android so that way I have options. Plus I can expand my memory if I had
an Android. I thought about buying one unlocked and just using it from time
to time on a pay for minutes situation, but an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 is
824.00 on Amazon. So, that idea went out the window.    
>  
> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of BethAnn LaPresta 
> (Redacted sender "bela28_02@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
> Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:31 PM
> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [audio-pals] Re: VR Counselor is Horrible
>  
> I'm sighted and I find Android products to be a little difficult...LOL
>  
> 
> On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 4:56 PM, Thomas McMahan
<thomas.mcmahan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>  
> 
> Did Bethy just throw one of her sons under the triple decker bus?
> Well maybe she's excused on this one since hates Apple products.  One
thing nice about Apple products, they work out of the box for us.  Can't say
the same for most Androyd products.  
> On Aug 13, 2014, at 2:50 PM, BethAnn LaPresta (Redacted sender
"bela28_02@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 
> 
> I don't hate Apple products, my son is an avid Samsung Galaxy guy and he
hates Apple products.  If the iPhone products help those with vision
challenges have an easier time of things---I'm all for it.
>  
> 
> On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:05 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>  
> 
> Well. is there going to be a fight *LOL*? I bet I know what it is over.
Bethann hates Apple products and now Heaver has went out and bought an Apple
product *LOL*.
>  
> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas McMahan
> Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:52 PM
> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [audio-pals] Re: VR Counselor is Horrible
>  
> Since she used your middle name Heather, is that a sign that she is
wanting to visit you in Ohio because you're in trouble with her again?
>  
> On Aug 12, 2014, at 7:20 PM, Heather H <copperlee73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>  
> 
> Um, excuse me BethAnn, there was no call for my middle name.  How rude!
Hi Josh and Tom!  
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> On Aug 12, 2014, at 6:22 PM, "BethAnn LaPresta"
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "bela28_02@xxxxxxxxx" for
DMARC) wrote:
> I didn't realize you were offering a good sized weekend getaway at your
expense...I would really love a vacation right about now.  How about a trip
to Ohio to visit Heather Lynn?
>  
> In all seriousness, you and I seem to attract knobheads there Joshie.  You
with your schooling, me with doctors.  Oy!
>  
> On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:45 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  
> Well, it looked a little fishy or at least sounded a little fishy when
Amanda was reading it. Sounded like he had budgeted for me to get it, but
was not going to be dispersing it to me unless I needed it. Well, you know
what happens to that kind of money a lot of times. Someone would be havinga
good size weekened get away at my expense.
>  
> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas McMahan
> Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:15 PM
> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [audio-pals] Re: FW: VR Counselor is Horrible
>  
> Makes you wonder what all they are doing with the money budgeted to them
doesn't it?  I know in most States the budget allotment for rehab is on the
bottom, but it's still pretty sizable, and at most it is frozen, not
actually cut.  They are more likely to cut services.  
>  
> The biggest thing you've got on them is if you take it outside the agency.
They will listen to you then because they don't want it outside.  It's been
that way my whole life, and I've been around for a little while.  
>  
> I think you can work out the rest for when it's necessary.  
>  
> On Aug 12, 2014, at 3:50 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  
> The VR counselor sent me an e-mail this morning including his supervisor
and he attempted to clarify what he didn't say yesterday, but says I must
have misunderstood because he was including funding to cover my textbooks.
However, he didn't touch the fact that they cover rent and dorm room
expenses for students as well as meal money. He only went on to say that if
for some reason the money does not come in, in a timely manner then they
would definitely reimburse me. He isn't getting the fact that he is doing
this completely different from the previous two VR counselors and he refuses
to provide me with any documentation regarding any changes that may have
taken place.
>     Interesting enough I found out before my previous counselor left that
due to the pay that they were offering for VR counselors, my state agency,
they couldn't get anyone of any quality to take the job. This seems to be
evident without her ever saying the first word. I hope and pray that he gets
better in time and isn't just there for a paycheck which it is seeming that
way right now. The good news is, he thought he was being a rather smart guy
by including his supervisor, but now I know who she is and have her e-mail
address. So, now I will start discussing all these new apparent chages with
her and see what she has to say about it if things continue to go down hill.
I believe I could do his job without a degree or at least as good as he is
doing anyways. Perhaps I will talk to her about taking his job *LOL* j/k.

> From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
> [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Josh
> Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 9:51 PM
> To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [audio-pals] FW: VR Counselor is Horrible
>  
> I have fought my VR counselor ever since he became my VR counselor. He has
requested documents that no other counselor has requested, he has made
incorrect statements regarding whether or not he will accept the
university's recommendation for a lighter courseload, he has tried to shut
down my continuing education, and now he is messing with my money. I did
gain some ground though on the continuing education because when I first
started VR I told them I want to go to law school. Well, the VR counselor at
the time told me that I should probably go with a lighter load, so I did. I
did make her document somewhere though that I want to go to law school.  I
told my second counselor the same thing and told her I may continue on with
psychology. Well, it gets to this guy who thinks he is all of that and a bag
of *insert your favorite chip here* *LOL* and I talked to him briefly once
before regarding continuing on and he said that they would have to see, but
he sounded doubtful. So, when I was talking to him seriously about it I
asked him if the department was going to pay for me to continue on with a
higher degree or if I am going to have to get representation to fight for
it. He didn't answer me directly and we hung up. We started discussing it
off and on and he opened up the door for me to ask about law school again
when he said that they cannot tell me what to do. I took the window of
opportunity. The latest is I need to pick between law school and psychology
and let him know by Friday. Now, a new battle has popped its ugly head up
and that is him not giving me funding for my textbooks when they pay other
people's rent. He wants me to go out and purchase the 5 or 600 dollars
sometimes maybe even $800 worth of textbooks each semester and then they
will reimburse me for supplies and textbooks. Um, no! This has never been
done this way before so I want answers as to why it is this way now other
than the fact I pushed them on one battle so now they are trying to come at
me from a different angle. I told them I fight enough battles on my own
without having to fight the very system that is there to help me by
providing the funding I need to go to school. I am hoping that I can get
someone a lot better to handle this or at least make him better through
prayer.
>     For some reason though I thought when given the opportunity to go to
law school I would jump on it and run, but really and truthful I am having a
hard time choosing. I am actually leaning more toward mental health
counselor which is completely different from what I was looking at from the
get go because if I stayed with counseling and didn't go for the law school
then I wanted to do family counseling, but now the mental health counseling
is appealing to me. So, now that I havea choice the turmoil has started
*LOL*. Do I go for a JD or do I go for an MA in counseling.     
>  
>  
> 

* To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe via e-mail send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and
put the word unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
To subscribe to this list send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and
put the word subscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.


*

* To post to the audio-pals group send e-mail to: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe via e-mail send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and 
put the word 
unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
To subscribe to this list send mail to: audio-pals-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and 
put the word subscribe in 
the subject line of the e-mail.


*

Other related posts: