[audio-pals] Re: Start of 2015

  • From: Thomas McMahan <shadowmonstrosity@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 16:13:55 -0600

Yes but really where are muds in the gaming world?  When you think about it,
they are a throwback to the past.  Developers want to do an app for Candy Crush
Saga and junk like that even though developing a mud client for I-os or android
probably wouldn’t be all that difficult.

Even just in the computer side of things there are plenty of apps that have
come and gone because as you said developers do them as a hobby.  There are
some games like mideievia that have their own clients and they develop within
those to varying degrees but they may not be usable outside of that game’s
system.  I’m surprised groups like Iron Relms haven’t developed their own
client that then is an ongoing development since they seem to have more of a
business model to their system.  They sure offer for you to buy credits all the
time *lol*.  So they are getting money somewhere.  I just don’t conform to
their little system of doing things though so never stuck with an Iron Relm
game for to long.  I like to read a manual in my own time and way and explore
by first testing what I have on sundry mobs to see if I can kill them *lol*.
Guess that’s why I liked mud legend.  They don’t hold your hand through the
process, you have to study the manual.  People come from other muds and don’t
like it because they aren’t guided from the start.  Of course the disadvantage
is that you have to figure out how to do things there and sometimes learn the
hard way.