[audio-pals] Re: Stacey's Latest Letter On SS.

  • From: "BethAnn LaPresta" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "bela28_02@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 23:30:43 +0000 (UTC)

Don, oh where art thou, brother??
  From: Thomas McMahan <thomas.mcmahan@xxxxxxx>
To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:12 PM
Subject: [audio-pals] Re: Stacey's Latest Letter On SS.

I think Don may be lost even when he’s here *lol*.

On May 21, 2015, at 4:01 PM, Heather Lynn <hoppercopper2004@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
These darn emails don't come in in order anymore.  Is who setting off to find
Don?  Is he lost?

Sent from my iPhone
On May 21, 2015, at 4:59 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you oh wise one. *smile*. Oh where have you been? Actually, your sister
has been away longer than you? Has she set out to find Don? From:
audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Thomas McMahan
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 4:53 PM
To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audio-pals] Re: Stacey's Latest Letter On SS.  Can effect download
speed too in some cases, but more likely to effect whoever is downloading from
you.  It’s an allowance of so much data going up or down, after that point they
slow things down.  As a free user you already have to deal with bandwidth
restrictions because of the limits they put on free users, well ones who sign
into their accounts and then download that is *lol*.
On May 21, 2015, at 11:04 AM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx> wrote:  What
exactly is bandwith? I think it has something to do with upload speed, but not
sure. If I got a plan with SS, then I could figure out what is the best.

On 5/21/2015 7:16 AM, Josh wrote:
I started out with the 19.99 a month plan that allowed me unlimited bandwidth
and unlimited storage. I now have the 8.99 a month plan and it allows me to
have a bandwidth of 300 something a month and unlimited storage.  From:
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2015 1:56 AM
To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audio-pals] Re: Stacey's Latest Letter On SS. In the pro plan it says
unlimited, I have 1.4 T in mine at this point.  That will only be increasing.
They also have a link about a drop box too, but I don’t know anything about
that.  I don’t think it’s anything like the dropbox the group folder is in.
On May 20, 2015, at 5:22 PM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx> wrote: Here's a
question. If I bought a plan with SS, how much space would I get?

On 5/20/2015 3:52 PM, Josh wrote:
I looked into DB back before I ever purchased a subscription for SS, but it
seemed like they were more focused on the big players such as corporations.
There prices when I looked were outrageous. I may have been looking in the
wrong area or they may have introduced new price plans I do not know, but when
I did decide to purchase a plan I went with SS because of the wizard and
because I had heard many positive things about it. I did not give much
consideration to DB because of the thought that I still had to keep a file on
the computer and that the price was too high for what I needed. If I ever grow
unhappy with SS then I may reconsider, but for now ss is doing the job that I
need it to and I do not want to transfer all the files that I currently have up
there somewhere else at this point in time.   From:
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:04 PM
To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audio-pals] Re: Stacey's Latest Letter On SS. Also with Mac you can
choose to save to dropbox,Sort of like in the windows context menu where it
says send to dropbox.  So I don’t think you have to retain the file on your
machine itself anymore.  Of course if you throw a file in the trash that you
see in DB it is deleting that file.  So in that way it now works like SS.  I
did a test document and just saved it directly to DB, so therefore it didn’t
keep a copy on the computer because I did direct save.  So if I want a copy it
would be like an outside file of having to copy and paste then.   So that is a
game changer as far as I’m concerned, because when DB is uploading by itself
it’s a lot faster than Sendspace.  It also crosses all platforms, Mac Windows
and Linux where it’s quite accessible once found and installed, whereas
Sendspace wizard is useless in Linux, they don’t update it, and if you even do
get it compiled right, it’s not accessible with Orca.   So now part of my
little brain is thinking of exploring DB as a viable storage option verses SS.
Just as SS really becomes accessible with it’s wizard, but still, I am
considering it seriously.  Will have to explore their terms with a paid DB
account, I don’t think it’s much different financially.  .
On May 12, 2015, at 4:12 PM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: This is
interesting. I will have to try it out.  From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx