[audio-pals] Re: Stacey's Latest Letter On SS.

  • From: Thomas McMahan <shadowsmaster@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 19:04:09 -0500

Also with Mac you can choose to save to dropbox,Sort of like in the windows
context menu where it says send to dropbox. So I don’t think you have to
retain the file on your machine itself anymore. Of course if you throw a file
in the trash that you see in DB it is deleting that file. So in that way it
now works like SS. I did a test document and just saved it directly to DB, so
therefore it didn’t keep a copy on the computer because I did direct save. So
if I want a copy it would be like an outside file of having to copy and paste
then.

So that is a game changer as far as I’m concerned, because when DB is uploading
by itself it’s a lot faster than Sendspace. It also crosses all platforms, Mac
Windows and Linux where it’s quite accessible once found and installed, whereas
Sendspace wizard is useless in Linux, they don’t update it, and if you even do
get it compiled right, it’s not accessible with Orca.

So now part of my little brain is thinking of exploring DB as a viable storage
option verses SS. Just as SS really becomes accessible with it’s wizard, but
still, I am considering it seriously. Will have to explore their terms with a
paid DB account, I don’t think it’s much different financially.
.

This is interesting. I will have to try it out.

From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx