[audio-pals] Re: Send Space

  • From: Thomas McMahan <shadowmonstrosity@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 11:29:57 -0500

That is a rather ambitious project isn’t it?  Sounds like someone is trying to
stir people up.  Don’t know about the rest of the world, but Americans still
get rather wound up about possibly being marked in that way, it’s weird to me
in some ways though with so many in the same population getting themselves
tattooed.  But at least a lot of them would tell you they don’t want anything
to do with the mark at this time.

I’ve had sendspace tell me that my account had ran out via the wizard before, I
clicked okay which brought up the website, then I just close Safari and try
again and then it usually works, because I knew that I had paid for it because
I get a receipt of payment each month.

Yes you should have gotten a receipt e-mail from them if you have it set to
send you one.  If they don’t you have to find the context menu while at that
file and copy the link to clipboard at that point.  It is the same context menu
that would allow you to delete the file.  VO shift m for the mac, maybe your
windows key in windows or whatever your context key is.  Does it report the
file size, if it’s quite close to the actual file fon your computer, then
probably got up there with no problem.  Got lucky with the shut down and yet it
remembered where you left off.  Perhaps with it being structured as a file and
not a folder is why.  Whereas if you had uploaded a folder from your machine
and it got cut off thats it.  You will just have a partial folder at that
point.

Yes it does sound like you will have an alternative way to record stuff now,
and or also convert your .m4a files from your phone, however, in reality an
.m4a is typically smaller than a .mp3.  Guess the only reason I don’t use .m4a
for my letters and stuff is that there are a number of people here who may not
have a player for .m4a.