[audio-pals] Re: Self Teaching on the iMac

  • From: Thomas McMahan <shadowmonstrosity@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:39:00 -0500

Okay if you have an app that says not responding, or doesn’t seem to be, do
command option escape.  That brings up othintication window.  If you can’t find
it you may have to go into the window chooser to find the othintication window
that is VO keys f2 twice, the f2 that is while holding down the VO keys.
Interact in the table in othintication, find the app, then back out.  You don’t
have to click the app, then click force quit.  A dialog will come up tell it to
force quit again and it will force it.  That can also relaunch finder for you
too.  Strangely enough sometimes you may have to do it.

As for flash installers and updates, those are a pain.  Just use your tab key
to find the function you want it to do, then try either your return key or
spacebar.  Using the VO spacebar doesn’t seem to work.  Same with stuff
involving Java both of those are problematic.  They are both also in
accessibility of your system preferences.  Why they are there I don’t know, but
they have been since Mavericks came out.

In fact with Java to check i think it opens up the Java window and you then
have to do VO m to see the apple menu then you have it check for updates.  Even
if you set these things to automatically update, they don’t always do it, or it
might be a day later than when it comes out, although since you live in the
Eastern time zone, maybe not.  A buddy of mine in Ohio gets his updates ahead
of me over 90% of the time.  Sometimes mine are almost a day later if I just
wait for them.  So when he tells me of an update then I go check sometimes they
are available and sometimes they aren’t.