[audio-pals] School is Back In Session

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 14:39:13 -0500

Everyone in the household is back in school in some capacity. Amanda has
started back to work, Little Man has started back to classes, and I started
back Wednesday. Amanda's college class starts back around the 20th. She only
has one this semester, but she also has her internship. I hope that the
interview she is going to tonight is an answer to our prayers because her
supervisor has already told her that she will need to quit or do her
internship off company time. So, she is not going to approve Amanda's leave
of absence. I have so far been to my Diversity Among Famillies and Children
class, my Human Sexuality class, and my Criminology class. On Monday night I
will attend my first human development class. I got my 4th VR Counselor over
the break and he too messed up my money. So, I have been dealing with that
in addition to attending classes this week. He figured me $800.00. They
allot $200.00 per class for textbooks and I am taking 4 classes, they cover
transportation at $500.00 for the semester, and 3 days out of the week they
cover a meal voucher at $4 for 15 weeks. Do you all see any problems with
the figures and the amount they have figured me? I sent him a message and
asked him whether the money was for meals and transportation or textbooks
and meals? His response was "yes". *Scratching my head*, but you all know me
I cannot keep my mouth shut *LOL*. The day before I seen some problems
starting to arise so I attempted to cc the supervisor, but the message got
rejected so I went ahead and asked him for the information. He gladly
obliged, but I think he is regretting it now. She changed her email because
she got married. So, from about 12:00 to somewhere in the 3:00 hour the day
before yesterday the counselor and I are emailing back and forth. I am
completely blind and I find out he figured me no money for transportation. I
have a valid license, but I do not think anyone wants me driving *LOL*. I
also found out that he figured me no money for meals while over on campus
the 3 days out of the week that I have long days over there. I eventually
told him that I wish they would quit changing counselors on me because I
have to fight this same battle each and every semester. So, his solution is
I will send your book money over to the campus bookstore. That would be ok
except now if the books cost more at the campus bookstore than what they
actually cost then I have to pay out of pocket whereas every other student
over there on campus can purchase from places like Amazon, Chegg, etc. I may
have to settle for this next semester, but as for this semester it is
supposed to be being changed according to the supervisor. I am foresseing
problems with grad school as the supervisor asked how many classes I had
left. I told her that I am taking my last 4 then continuing on to law
school. She informed me that after this semester we will have to meet and
re-evaluate my plan to see. Luckily I made it very clear that I would be
recording the phone meeting that I had last semester and asked her very
direct questions as to whether they would accept my change to law school and
what would happen if I was not able to get into law school. On the recording
she said that they would accept my change to law school and if I was unable
to get int then as long as I could justify the change they would accept my
changes.