[audio-pals] Phone Recorder Issues

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 10:55:19 -0700

Hello everyone,

   I hope everyone had a great 4th. Amanda, myself, and little man all had a
great time on the 4th. We had a cookout with my side of the family over at
my dad and mom’s house as well as shot off some fireworks. The little guy
loved the firework show. There were probably close to 30 people in
attendance all family members, but not all of my family. That was probably
just a 1/3 to ½ of my family on my mom’s side. My dad’s sister and her
husband (my aunt and uncle) were able to come too. My cousin’s wife on my
dad’s side also was able to come, but he had to work night shift patrol so
he was unable to attend due to needing sleep. My cousins from the
Philippines came in on Saturday. Her husband was in for a little while, but
had to return to work so he is back in the Philippines. Saturday we went up
to a place called the Island in Pigeon Forge. For the most part it is a
great place to just hang out for a little while. The island has shops,
rides, and eating establishments as well as live music. A girl by the name
of Emmy Sunshine was up there. She has some Youtube videos, from my
understanding she is about Little Man’s age which is 8, but she does a great
job singing. They had some other live music as well in different areas of
the Island. We went to one eating establishment and after we ordered our
drinks we got up and left. From the time you walk in they are screaming at
you. In order to hear each other you have to scream to talk, you get things
thrown at you such as a wadded up  napkin hit me in the side of the head.
The establishment also makes you wear these hats while you eat that read for
example “It cost a lot of money to look this cheap” and “I blame my farts on
my kids”.We had a lot expensive equipment there at the table and the server
she was threatening to drench the entire table with water. I told her I
hoped she had a lot of money to replace the phones she was going to damage
and she quit talking about throwing water on the table. It was definitely
not a family eating establishment. Basically if you want to go there you
want to go and drink without socializing. So, after talking to the manager
we got up and left. We went next door to a restaurant that had an Outback or
nicer atmosphere. The worst place in the world to eat is Dick’s Last Resort,
as I told my family members it is definitely a last resort kind of place. We
loved the Timberland though they had great food and a great atmosphere.

     While up there we ran into one of the University of Tennessee’s
Linebackers and he posed for a picture with my 82 year old grandmother. My
grandmother and a hand full of other family members rode a Ferris Wheel that
went 200 feet in the air at the very top. I tried to put all this into a
recording this morning and I tried to record yesterday using my phone’s Drop
Vox application, but for some reason or antoehr it is not working. It will
post the recording, but as soon as I press enter on the file, the way that I
play all of my other files from this application, it immediately gives me
the play button again. So, it is creating a file, but no voice transmission
is happening.