[audio-pals] Mac Owners

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 08:30:00 -0400

Well, from what I am reading on Mac Visionaries and Blind Apples it appears
that the time has come to get some anti virus protection on Apple computers.

P.S. the Total Recorder program on windows is pretty cool, especially since
it is free and if it can hear it then it will record it. I still need to
figrure out how to record using the microphone, but I have recorded from
YouTube, I have opened up a file in the program and trimmed it down to the
proper length and even added in features like fading in and out, I have also
used the normalize offset feature which I am not really sure what it does as
I cannot tell much difference when working with it. It said 100% the other
day, but then I realized that I could up that number and I changed it to
200% to see if that made any difference. It seems as though I did notice a
slight difference in volume, but at the same time I raise the volume of the
entire file I also hear just I guess the best way to describe it is a low
hum that I belive all recorders have once you start recording at certain
levels or volumes. Sometimes the noise is what you would hear when you first
turn on a tape player there is the sound. I knew it would come to me if I
kept rambling on about it *LOL*. So, the more normalizing you do to the file
the more you hear that noise that would ordinarily be heard on an old tape
recorder. Another feature I like about it is I can trim both audio and video
files.