[audio-pals] Interesting Phone Conversation

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 17:27:38 -0500

Well. let me see where do I start. Well, let's start a few weeks ago. A few
weeks ago the regular bus dispatchers retired. First one of them went and
retired which was fine because the other one knew my schedule pretty much by
heart as well. I had already gotten the hateful one broke in and this is the
one that retired first so that was fine. Well, then the second one, the nice
one, decided to retire. I was not happy about this at all because this only
left one that has been there a while and he causes problems everytime you
turn around. Well, they have now hired two new dispatchers to take the two
that retired's position. We are getting there just stick with me. I promise
*LOL*. So, as I was riding home yesterday afternoon from school I hada new
bus driver. I found out he was just filling in for a regular driver and
being the inquisitive person that I am. Not really, I just thought I may
need it for later reference *LOL*. I got the person he was filling in for
their name and I introduced myself to the current driver which made him tell
me his name. Well, about an hour after I get home I get a phone call from
the guy that has been there a while asking me if I am not going home today
by bus. I also hear one of the other drivers, Liz, hollering on the radio
about me not being there. No, duh, I am sitting on my couch because the
other driver already brought me home. So, the problematic dispatcher went
ahead and verified the rest of my schedule which was right. He doesn't say
much to me on the phone because he already knows I record all of my phone
calls with them due to past errors they have made. So, now this brings us to
the phone call.

   I called to schedule bus trips for next week. We are going through the
schedule setting up my trips. I can already since a bit of hostility in her
voice as I am scheduling. She said tell me your information in a gruff and
firm voice. I say tell me what you need in a gruff and firm voice *LOL*. So,
then we get to Wednesday of next week. She blows up at me saying now are you
sure you really need to go that day because I scheduled it last week and you
were not there. I said wait a minute. She said so do you need this trip
because this phone call is recorded. I said well it just so happens my phone
calls are recorded too. I said I did go yesterday and told her Kenny who was
driving for Kathy brought me home. I said furthermore I talked to Steven and
I heard Liz hollering about me not being there and I said that is because I
had already been brought home. I said pull up your records and you will see
that you put me on two different manifest last week. I said if you all have
a problem you all need to get that worked out because my information is
right. I went on to ask her if she needed me to pull the recorded message of
me scheduling buses last week I could do that. She decided she would be nice
after that. Like I told her before she goes and jumps someone she needs to
make sure her information is right. She tried to downplay it after that. It
is amazing the change you hear in their voice when someone finds out you are
recording them *LOL*. I started to tell them they needed to go and talk to
Dawn. I recently in a conversation with another bus driver found out the
supervisor they always refer complaints to is not the one to be talking to
because all she does is dismisses it, but if it gets downtown then there
will be some changes taking place.