[audio-pals] Re: Ghost Town

  • From: Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 16:16:38 -0600

I agree with u, the state should have taken care of that. Makes me wonder what state officials were thinking. Did they like have their heads in the clouds hoping this would just go away? Because it doesn't work like that.

On 12/14/2014 3:15 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:
It’s setting a dangerous pressedent thats for sure, but some other things that have been done lately also stretch boundaries.

Should have been handled by the State, they have their Militia they can call up, and had it called up, but hadn’t had them moved to Ferguson. Sort of like Bengazzi in a way, but don’t know if the delay was from the Feds or the State. Chicago was ready when the UN did their thing a couple of years ago, they weren’t going to put up with masses of folks getting out of line. They usually don’t. But listening to the media back then you would have thought they were going to come and it would be the end of the world as we know it. Well they were able to do their protesting and parading, but any that got out of line quickly found themselves isolated and boxed in by the law and then whatever they were doing stopped quick.

Of course those protesters probably weren’t interested in burning down neighborhoods, but if they hadn’t have been ready for them something like that could have eventually happened.

On Dec 14, 2014, at 11:52 AM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx <mailto:crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

U know that's a good question. Is it really Obama's concern to be getting involved with this? Shouldn't he be dealing with more pressing matters? Like isis? The situation in Missouri will be old news eventually, but I think isis poses a larger threat to America than something small in Missouri that shouldn't have caused such an up roar in the first place. Michael Brown was in the wrong. They can't seem to grasp that idea.
*I have my thoughts on the matter. What President in history has ever gotten involved with a local police department’s incident?* *From:*audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]*On Behalf Of*Thomas McMahan
*Sent:*Sunday, December 14, 2014 3:11 AM
*To:*audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Subject:*[audio-pals] Re: Ghost Town
I don’t either.  Maybe only just starting.

    On Dec 14, 2014, at 1:26 AM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx
    <mailto:crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
    I just think the whole thing is rediculous to be honest with u.
    All this protesting and fighting. I have a sneaky feeling things
    aren't over yet.
    veOn 12/13/2014 10:43 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:

        No it isn’t but it furthers certain agendas.  The people
        wanting to push said agenda have tried it for the past
        several years but all cases fell apart.  These that are
        going on now probably will too.  The people in power will
        pay lip service to the protesters until it actually
        threatens them, then watch out.

            On Dec 13, 2014, at 10:34 PM, Stacey
            <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx <mailto:crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>>
            wrote:
            Personally, I think that Michael Brown was in the wrong.
            The police officer was defending himself. Why can't some
            people get that through their heads? Is fighting and
            protesting really gonna solve anything?
            On 12/13/2014 10:10 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:

                I remember when Lou Henson left Illinois or retired
                out some of them were hoping that the Illini would
                hire Bruce Pearl on, well they didn’t glad they
                didn’t.  They were already in trouble, he would have
                probably gotten them in more trouble.

                    On Dec 13, 2014, at 8:33 PM, Josh
                    <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    <mailto:lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
                    Oh yeah the NCAA has to be who you know. Take a
                    look at Lane Kieffan, he leaves and who suffers.
                    I belive the same was true with Bruce Pearl and
                    the basketball program. Even after Bruce was
                    penalized from coaching, I think UT suffered
                    penalties. Of course there are going to be some
                    reprocussions on the program just because the
                    coach is connected, but in a way I think our
                    teams suffered more than the coaches. Probably
                    just a biased opinion, but ya know.
                    Penn State incident is a pathetic joke. There is
                    no way that it could have went on that long and
                    the situations continued without someone
                    speaking up about it.
                    The whole concept of innocent until proven
                    guilty does not apply anymore. The concept is
                    now guilty until you prove yourself innocent.
                    Even if the Criminal Justice System sees you as
                    innocent until proven guilty, the rest of the
                    public are ready to hang you before they even
                    hear the evidence. A clear example of this
                    occurred the other day in class. After the Grand
                    Jury came back with a not guilty verdict in
                    Ferguson my professor asked the classs what they
                    thought about the incident. The responses were
                    well they knew if they found him not guilty they
                    were going to have a riot, they should have just
                    found him guilty to keep the rioting from
                    occurring, he was wrong for shooting Michael
                    Brown, etc. However, not one person made a
                    comment regarding the evidence in the case. If
                    you do not follow the directions of the police
                    expect to be met with reprocussions. If you try
                    to get the officers gun expect to get shot
                    because I can guarantee that if all these
                    sideline judges were put in this same situation
                    they would want to go home to their family as
                    well and not sit idly by and let some random
                    citizen adolescent or adult take their gun to
                    shoot them with it. It is insane the autopsy was
                    done, and then if I am not mistaken Obuma was
                    not satisfied with the results so he ordered
                    another autopsy, and I think there were a few
                    more autopsies done before they moved forward.
                    How can you convict a person that was engaging
                    in self defense?
                                        *From:*Heather H
                                        <copperlee73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        <mailto:copperlee73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>