[audio-pals] Re: Ghost Town

  • From: Thomas McMahan <thomas.mcmahan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 02:19:31 -0600

Yes we did our’s in house with our bank because we didn’t want to pay the whole
20% down because we knew we would have to use money to fix up the place.  We
used that money, and the place still needs fixing up.  Our’s was one of those
dreaded adjustable caps that the media has a cow over the past few years, but
our’s adjusts every 5 years and as long as interest rates didn’t go up
drastically it wouldn’t adjust up much if at all.  The secret to those are to
pay extra each month then when it readjusts the payment will either stay the
same or would go down like our’s did.  Our’s was also a 15 year mortgage too,
It will be in it’s 13th year in April but the place will be paid off in that
13th year too.  Yes it’s really getting short to pay off day.  Then some time
down the road we’ll get some sort of other loan and do some major work around
here such as roof replacement, so forth and so on.

Also want to seriouslyy check into a generator so when we lose power which
sometimes happens we can still run our house at least enough to keep us and the
bird warm, but whole house would be better.  Again that will probably be
seriously explored after the house is paid off.  We have other electrical work
that I would like to get done here too.  We also have a list concerning Patti’s
kitchen, but these last two projects we should be able to cover ourselves as
long as we’re careful.  The kitchen list and electrical work  has been in the
planning stages for some time, just haven’t gotten around to it.  Have a couple
of windows needing replacement too.  That will probably be an ongoing project.
Just the typical things about owning a house.