[audio-pals] Facebook Trend

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:55:15 -0400

Well, as most of you all know my son is biologically my nephew on my wife's
side. Without going into a big long drawn out story his Mom cared more about
herself than she did him or his sister. So, needless to say this lack of
care lead to the state getting involved. My wife's sister tried to keep us
from getting him, but we kept fighting and going around her to get
information best we could. Finally, the state quit looking at the worthless
father and let us in on more of what was going on. One thing lead to another
and we now have permanent custody of our son. Once we got pc the shift took
place. He started calling us Dad and Mom which he could do even when we just
had temporary custody, but we did not force him at anytime to call us Dad
and Mom. When we had temporary custody he would sneak around and call us Dad
and Mom to his friends and stuff, but it was not till we got permanent
custody that he started calling us Dad and Mom to our faces. We have done
our best to explain to him the differences between Mother and Mom and Father
and Dad and that a Mother and Father can be a Mom and a Dad, but a Dad and
Mom does not always have to be a Father and Mother. Well, anyways this is
some background. We have faced some obstacles along the way mostly on
Amanda's side, but now there is one starting to form on my side with my
parents.

    Our son calls my Dad and Mom Pops and Gram and they see him as their
grandson. So, here is where the problem arises. Amanda posts things
regarding his progress all the time. The most recent thing that she has
posted is his progress report which shows him reading on an 8th grade level.
He is in the third grade as some of you all may remember me mentioning in my
introduction. My Mom was the first one to post and commented about that is
our boy or something to that effect. However, I then seen where biological
family members posted and my Mom's comment has been removed. I know why my
Mom removed it because she has mentioned in the past not wanting to cause
waves, but I do not think this is right especially given all they do for
him. She has asked me about pictures she has posted with them in the picture
with Little Man. In my personal opinion if they have a problem then it is
not with the fact that my parents are doing things with him, it is an
internal problem that they need to work out with themselves. Ok, I am
through getting this off my chest now. I do not know if I posted or not, but
in January we closed our home for foster kids. Once we get a house that is
bigger and they can have a different room than Little Man's we will consider
reopening. When we started the process to get Little Man we also went
thorugh the process as one of the requirements to become foster parents. We
had to take the training, but did not necessarily have to get the home study
done, but we figured if we are going this far with it then we should go
ahead and go the whole way in case we wanted to take in foster kids. We knew
that in our current living situation taking in foster kids was not a
possibility mainly because Little Man did not want to share his room and we
were not going to make him.

   So, I have emailed Amanda and suggested that she talk to my Mom because
this is not a situation that they should feel awkward in. If anything the
one that created the shift is the one that should feel awkward for creating
the situation that has caused the shift. Little Man calls me Dad and my
parents are my parents so therefore that does make them a set of his
grandparents. He calls them Pops and Gram and again if he sees them as his
grandparent then that is all that matters and who cares what people think of
it. Okay, well I have to go and ponder this a while and see if I can come up
with some sort of solution. One of the grandmothers that posted a comment
coddles the biological mother so this may be some of the problem.