[audio-pals] FW: [Accessible Devices] Warning About Survey 2014 PopUp

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 10:15:17 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: A-d [mailto:a-d-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
parker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2014 5:28 AM
To: Accessible Devices List
Subject: [Accessible Devices] Warning About Survey 2014 PopUp

We are sending this out to warn you about a especially nasty piece of mal
ware that you may run into. It's called Survey 2014. The reason it's really
nasty is that it's very believable and thus easy to fall for. We are
including a link that you may use to get further information if you wish. We
are also including a brief example of what you're likely to see if you run
into it. If you see it, you know that your computer has been infected, it's
not the web site. The link includes instructions on how to get rid of it.
But, the most important thing is not to fall for it.

What you see here is all we know and we can't provide any more information.
The link and example are directly below.

Beware of this,

Your Accessible Devices Team

?

2014 (The website you're on will appear here.) Survey - June 12, 2014

You have been chosen from (Your local town will be here) area to receive an
exclusive gift.

In just 4 quick questions, help us bring you an improved (The website you're
currently on will appear here.)

And in 30 seconds, we'll reveal your unique offers!

Question: 1 of 4

Your gender?

Male

Female

We have not included the rest of the survey, but you probably get the idea.

http://www.anvisoft.com/resources/how-to-remove-survey-2014-popup-ads-adware
-removal-guide/
This is an Announce only list.  Subscribers are not able to post to this
list.
You will find the list archives at:
http://accessible-devices.com/pipermail/a-d_accessible-devices.com/
Sorry, but we're not able to provide help for archive users.
To unsubscribe from the Accessible Devices list copy the line below.  Paste
it inthe
To: line of a blank message and send it.
You may download our podcasts from this link,
http://www.accessible-devices.com/Podcasts.html
Or if you're using a podcatcher of some type the subscribe URL is.
http://www.accessible-devices.com/feed.xml
Visit our website at:
www.accessible-devices.com
Please feel free to pass this message on to a friend who might like to
subscribe.
To subscribe to Accessible Devices send a blank e mail to:
a-d-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just follow the directions in the confirmation message when it comes.
Please Note: Accessible Devices is not able to provide tech support for
software or products that we supply information about.
put the word subscribe in