[audio-pals] Catch Up

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:12:16 -0700

Well… I am not sure when I last gave an update, but I am thinking it was
right before the presentation that I was invited to by my disability
coordinator. So, I went to this presentation which lasted somewhere in the
neighborhood of 1.5 to 2.0 hours. Giving the presentation was my
coordinator, a guy from the disability testing center, and myself. It went
rather well and I was able to give several examples and help out with the
presentation quite abit. There were roughly 40 faculty members in
attendance. Unfortunately, there were 0 faculty members from the psych
department. I have been in discussion with my Vocatinal Rehabilitation
Counselor regarding grad school. Have I mentioned I do not like this VR
counselor? If not let me go ahead and go on record as saying I do not care
for this VR counselor. He sent me an e-mail regarding me having to decide
the route I wanted to go and that he could not give me any information to
persuade me in any direction when it comes to whether I want to do marriage
and family, mental health, or behavioral health. All he can tell me are
there are different requirements. His response comes after me asking him to
layout what the different requirements are. I figure if he knows there are
different requirements, then he is looking at something in order to
determine this, but I received the following back from him the part about
him not being able to persuade me in any direction. I used his words to try
and wedge my original plan back into action by asking him if they were still
going to honor my original plan to go to law school that I was talked down
from by my first VR counselor. He has not responded back. I told him that if
they were going to honor my first request which was to go to law school then
it may make the choices much easier. If they are not going to honor my first
choice then in essence are they not trying to persuade my choices? Anyways I
do have a back up plan if he has to eat his words, but I just wanted to put
him on the spot at the precise moment *LOL*.

My back up plan is to go to a school that Tom may remember being called
Johnson Bible College…It is now a university and is known as Johnson
University. They offer both of my choices as a dual program so going through
their program would enable me to either work in the capacity of mental
health or marriage and family therapy. So, I am just waiting to hear back
from my VR counselor.

   I have read a couple of books. The first one I read was by Ann Rule which
talked about some true crime cases. The second one I read is called Odd
Thomas by Dean Koontz. I just started reading Forever Odd which I believe is
the second book in the Odd Thomas series. Additionally, I have been
listening to some pod cast on my iPhone 5C.

      Amanda and I are officially licensed foster parents through the state.
We still have our little guy and it seems as though we will be going to
court in July for permanent custody as long as everything goes the way we
are hoping. This summer we have enjoyed some cookouts, swimming, bowling, a
trip to Cades Cove, and just spending time with each other and other family
members. Our little guy has been taking swim lessons and according to his
swim coach he can bypass the next class and jump straight into a level 3
class since he did so well in the level ½ combination class. Technically he
should have went in to a Level 2 class. So, we have signed him up for the
next set of classes which starts on Monday at 10 AM.

      We are all also in the process of spring cleaning and getting ready
for the yard sale. So, far we have come up with 13 + bags of yard sale stuff
which we were all surprised by because just looking at the house it doesn’t
look like we would have that much. However, we are not only getting rid of
stuff that we just no longer want, but if we have not used it in a couple of
years then it is also going to the yard sale.

     Well… that just about catches everything up as far as I can remember.
Talk to you all later and I will try and get a recording up before too long.