[audio-pals] Car Wreck from July 2, 2013 Settled

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 18:42:51 -0700

Well, my attorney called a few weeks ago and said that the insurance company
has made an offer. He advised us that he thought he could get a little more
out of them. He called us yesterday and advised that the other insurance
company has made their final offer. He said that if we turn this one down
then they would have to file suit. We accepted the offer. Now, it is just a
waiting game to see if the attorneys working our case can negotiate a lessor
amount with the insurance companies on their medical reimbursement or not
before we will know what the final numbers are. However, I am glad that it
did not have to go to court and that they were willing to reimburse for
missed work, as well as pain and suffering, etc. I did learn something out
of this though and that is that my attorneys will not take their third until
all medical bills are paid. I had always thought they got their third off
the top.