[audio-pals] Re: Big Assignment Next Week

  • From: Thomas McMahan <shadowmonstrosity@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:15:34 -0500

And you should get all the credit too grade wise.

There are some other things involved with kids too.  How many toys for example
nowadays practically play themselves?  Yet at Christmas how often do the kids
put down the actual toys after a bit and start playing with the boxes still?
Yes it’s also the encouragement of creativity at home too.  It is more likely
to survive at home, but imagination not being used also dampens creativity too.

Get Little Man some hot wheels or matchbox cars one day, and a few odds and
ends, boxes, a rug as an area, see what other odds and ends he can find and see
what his mind will come up with for play.  Of course it helps to have others to
play too, my brothers and I played with stuff like that for hours.  Batteries
make great tanks, which leads to stories, which means the deployment of
firetrucks etc.  That’s just one thing, half the fun is setting up the story to
be played out, yet in the long run it probably wasn’t really all that
expensive.  But that was what we would do with any spending money was to add to
our car collection.  Of course they also liked to put modle cars together too.
I didn’t do that though, but would play with them once put together.

The fortunate thing for you is that you already live in your lab for this one
class, family stress, and any other dynamic of class that involves the family.
So you can come at it from a practical viewpoint to back pup what you say.  Not
all academic as the average 18 year old would be working from.

I think in the long run you are probably going to do okay in this class.

L M also now has an advantage in that he has family around who are involved
with his actual life and care enough to both set up a framework around him to
protect him but yet I think to also encourage him to both learn and be creative
within that framework, so that later in life he will be able to both problem
solve well, but also be able to come up with ideas of his own.  There’s no
telling what he will wind up doing, but isn’t that in itself quite interesting?

Btw, we didn’t actually set things on fire either.  Well not inside and not
with our matchbox cars *lol*.  There was a modle battleship that got plopped
into a good sized puddle set on fire and then shot at with a bee bee gun
though.

put the word subscribe in