[audio-pals] Re: All Grades Are In

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 04:37:37 -0700

Thank you Suzi.

From: audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:audio-pals-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Susan Waaga
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 2:48 AM
To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [audio-pals] Re: All Grades Are In

Well done Josh!  All the best for next semester.  Suzi

On Tuesday, 13 May 2014 11:34 AM, Josh <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, all my grades are in for this past semester. I am a senior now, which I
think I reported the other day. I have passed all my classes. The final report
on grades is Multicultural  Psychology – C+, Methods and Research of Psychology
– B, Learning and Thinking – A-, and Adolescent Development – A. I am not sure
if I reported on Amanda’s grades or not she made a B in Torts and B+ was in
research, but given the welcomed change to our routine in the middle of the
semester, I am happy with our grades.

     What I am not happy with is the fact my professor in Adolescent
Development did not give me one individual grade until about an hour ago
throughout the entire semester. The final grades were required by the
university to be in by 8:00 AM tomorrow morning. I guess I can now go and rate
her on www.ratemyprofessor.com without fear of recourse from my comments since
my grade is now on the transcript.

    The Research and Methods class I had to have in order to go to grad school,
if I was not planning to go to grad school then I could have taken a different
research and methods course, but I figured if I want to go to grad school then
I need that option. The Learning and Thinking class I needed to count toward my
degree requirements. So, I am now done with the classes I have to take for my
degree. I have to take one more course that is a genral requirement of the
university, but as far as my psychology courses I am done with all I have to
take as an undergraduate. So, Ray if you are still reading to this point, thank
you for the compliment the other day regarding me having the psychobabble down.
If I do not have it down then I probably should not be finished with my
undergraduate classes in psychology.

     Additionally I have taken all of the child development courses and for
that matter all of the child courses offered at the university. I have taken
Theory and Research of Child Development, Child Development, Childhood
Psychopathologies, and now Adolescent Development.

    Next semester I am signed up for CFS 320 – Family Interaction, CFS 360 –
Family Stress, CFS 385 – Diversity Among Children and Families, Soci 446 –
Modern World System ( General Requirement), and Soci 451 – Criminal Justice. I
will end up dropping one of these classes to bring me back down to 4 classes,
but here is what it is until the fall semester. Sometime this summer I am going
to have to apply to graduate and talk to my VR person about taking the GRE for
grad school. I guess it is time to talk business since I have done my part and
kept my grades up for the most part, now I have to convince VR that grad school
is necessary in order to do something with my degree. There are things that can
be done at the Bachelor’s level with a psychology degree, but there are few
things. Once I am able to get a Masters or Ph D then I can have my own practice
and start making some real moo la.