[audio-pals] All Grades Are In

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 18:33:38 -0700

Well, all my grades are in for this past semester. I am a senior now, which
I think I reported the other day. I have passed all my classes. The final
report on grades is Multicultural  Psychology - C+, Methods and Research of
Psychology - B, Learning and Thinking - A-, and Adolescent Development - A.
I am not sure if I reported on Amanda's grades or not she made a B in Torts
and B+ was in research, but given the welcomed change to our routine in the
middle of the semester, I am happy with our grades.

     What I am not happy with is the fact my professor in Adolescent
Development did not give me one individual grade until about an hour ago
throughout the entire semester. The final grades were required by the
university to be in by 8:00 AM tomorrow morning. I guess I can now go and
rate her on www.ratemyprofessor.com without fear of recourse from my
comments since my grade is now on the transcript.

    The Research and Methods class I had to have in order to go to grad
school, if I was not planning to go to grad school then I could have taken a
different research and methods course, but I figured if I want to go to grad
school then I need that option. The Learning and Thinking class I needed to
count toward my degree requirements. So, I am now done with the classes I
have to take for my degree. I have to take one more course that is a genral
requirement of the university, but as far as my psychology courses I am done
with all I have to take as an undergraduate. So, Ray if you are still
reading to this point, thank you for the compliment the other day regarding
me having the psychobabble down. If I do not have it down then I probably
should not be finished with my undergraduate classes in psychology.

     Additionally I have taken all of the child development courses and for
that matter all of the child courses offered at the university. I have taken
Theory and Research of Child Development, Child Development, Childhood
Psychopathologies, and now Adolescent Development.

    Next semester I am signed up for CFS 320 - Family Interaction, CFS 360 -
Family Stress, CFS 385 - Diversity Among Children and Families, Soci 446 -
Modern World System ( General Requirement), and Soci 451 - Criminal Justice.
I will end up dropping one of these classes to bring me back down to 4
classes, but here is what it is until the fall semester. Sometime this
summer I am going to have to apply to graduate and talk to my VR person
about taking the GRE for grad school. I guess it is time to talk business
since I have done my part and kept my grades up for the most part, now I
have to convince VR that grad school is necessary in order to do something
with my degree. There are things that can be done at the Bachelor's level
with a psychology degree, but there are few things. Once I am able to get a
Masters or Ph D then I can have my own practice and start making some real
moo la.