[audiality] First post - Audiality 0.1.1 RSN

  • From: David Olofson <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audiality@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:50:34 +0200

Seems like we have a few subscribers lurking now, so I figured it's
time to inject some noise! This will probably be the first post to
this list.

As you might have noticed, I did some minor updates on the site the
other day, but there's no 0.1.1 release yet. Some TODOs I wanted to
deal with first, but I'll have to look over it again. Been busy with
other stuff for quite some time.

The plan is to increase the release rate of my projects quite
substantially. When the ChangeLog grows by well over 100 lines
between each release, while work is going *slow*, there's definitely
too long between releases! :-)

Anyway, Kobo Deluxe 0.4.0 is almost out the door. Audiality 0.1.1 is
next. It works, it seems solid, and it does quite a few things that
0.1.0 didn't, so it's probably about time to release it.

BTW, for some strange reason, I hooked up that old K4r I have in the
rack and played some. Not terribly exciting, but still very inspiring
in a way. Can't wait to take Audiality to a point where one can start
programming serious sounds. I've barely scratched the surface of the
off-line/real time hybrid synthesis model with the scripts that come
with 0.1.0.