[audacity4blind] Re: useing an audio interface with audacity

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 19:23:12 GMT

| From Matthew Turner <meturner88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
| Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:31:05 -0500
| Subject: [audacity4blind] useing an audio interface with audacity
> hi Iâ??ve just got an audio interface ,  I was wondering how do I change it
> in audacity so that the sound plays thru the audio interface instead of the
> computer speakers?

Assuming you are using a recent 1.3 version of Audacity (the current is
1.3.14), open the Preferences (CTRL + P). Select " Devices" in the tree,
tab into the pane then change the "Playback Device" to your interface.
Then ENTER to confirm the changes.

You can check your Audacity version at Help > About Audacity (or
Audacity > About Audacity on Mac).

If you connected your device after launching Audacity, restart
Audacity so that it can detect the device.