[audacity4blind] Re: unlocking tracks

  • From: Scott Berry <scottbb1973@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:50:33 -0600

Let me try that Gale. I am assuming when on the track a control Plus C will copy only that track correct?

On 12/13/2011 11:14 AM, Gale Andrews wrote:
| From Scott Berry<scottbb1973@xxxxxxxxx>
| Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:35:58 -0600
| Subject: unlocking tracks
I have sent messages to Gale and Leeland so we'll see what they can do
in the future but I think I could get by just have to be a little more
resourceful.  What I really need to know thought I guess is how to
separate the tracks out for correction.  Like I have said it seems any
corrections made take the whole track not just one track.  I can also do
a VM of Windows but I think alll Audacities should be accessible even if
it takes a while.
Yes, the Linux version of wxWidgets doesn't have proper support for
screen readers, and this won't be fixed before Audacity 2.0, and maybe
for sometime after that because of Leland's other commitments.

Scott, is it possible with what you are doing to have one track in one
Audacity window and one track in another window, then switch
between them? You can File>  New to open a new project window
then cut and paste tracks between the windows. ALT + TAB should
switch between the project windows.

Gale

On 12/13/2011 10:21 AM, David Bailes wrote:
Hi Scott,
I've just had a quick play with audacity 1.3.13 on 11.10 ubuntu, and
using the orca screen reader. There are major problems both with the
keyboard navigation, and with what orca reads. My understanding is
that these accessibility problems are due to the accessibility problems
on linux of a gui library which audacity uses. Unfortunately, I think
that this is unlikely to be fixed in the near future.