[audacity4blind] tip to edit skype conversation using Audacity

  • From: "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Audacity For Blind" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 23:46:04 +0700

Hi all
Someone asked about recording skype conversation in this list. Now I'd like to
share again my tips to edit the recorded skype conversation using Audacity

Edit recorded skype conversation
1. you need a skype recording program that support for recording two channels.
I suggest i Free Skype recorder from http://www.ifree-recorder.com
2. after installing it, sign in to skype and record your conversation.
3. Run audacity, and open or import your recorded file.
4. press application on the opened file to open context menu and choose Split
Stereo to Mono, or slit stereo track.
5. Now you have two tracks in current project. You can do anything such as
remove noise adjust volume etc on each track.
Note: if there are errors or mistakes you want to cut out, you should select it
and Split delete instead of delete do to synchronize two tracks.
6. Now you can do something like mix and render to have a single track, and use
truncate silence to cut out the unwanted silence part. Your recorded file
should be better.
This is a tip I've found while teaching my student through Skype. Hope this
useful for you
Cuong
________________
Dang Manh Cuong