[audacity4blind] Re: thoughts please, and a tutorial for blind people?

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 19:08:13 +1100

Responding to your initial question, yes you could achieve what you want to do with Audacity. I agree with David's comments about Reaper, but would remove "probably" from his reference to the increased learning curve (smile). In addition to David's Guide to Audacity, I would also thoroughly recommend the Audacity manual. It is well written and has specific references to screen reader access.

I have heard good things about Sadie but, being well out of my price range, have not pursued it.

Andrew

On 11/11/2016 8:32 PM, Damon Rose wrote:

I’m being offered Sadie, a heavily scripted version, which I’m told works rather well.

Anyone any thoughts on that? ta