[audacity4blind] Re: splitting stereo tracks

  • From: "Orlando Enrique Fiol" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ofiol" for DMARC)
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 12:20:40 -0400

Hi David.

>Starting from one track being selected and the other not selected, can you
>give a complete list of the actions you take which results in something
>getting applied to both tracks, rather than just the selected track?

It appears to work properly after changing those settings as per your recommendations. I imported a stereo mp3, split the stereo track, selected the right channel and applied some exaggerated compression to it. Upon playback, the right channel was noticeably louder than the left, and of course differently colored by the compression..
One question though: regarding the select audio check box

under tracks behaviors, does unchecking it mean that no audio will be selected when I haven't selected a region? I often do things to entire files without selecting audio because it is presumed that the entire file will be selected unless I specify otherwise.
Orlando Enrique Fiol

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line