[audacity4blind] sound on sound

  • From: Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 17:31:17 +0000

Hello.

I'm starting a peace in which i will have to make several voices in a
conversation; in fact, it's only 2 voices, but i want to sound as natural as i
possibly can.

I will explain better:

This is a dialog between 2 characters, character A and character B. If i wanted
to record everything in 2 separate tracks, i would have to leave a gap in order
to switch to the next personality, and so on. So i decided to do every single
part in its own track. That would sound more natural as the 2 persons interject
and interrupt each other during the conversation. It would also avoyde noise
being added to the project as 1 more track is recorded.

So character a, starts in track 1.
Character b talks in track 2.
Character A interjects in track 3
Character B talks in track 4.
Character A speacks in track 5, and so on. I take the cursor to the end of the
last track because i don't need to listen to all the conversation and just want
to go on with it .

Apparently, because one of the tracks arrives to the end, the recording stops.
How to solve this problem? Is it necessary to create a first silent and longer
track to acomodate the entire row of tracks? That's probably what i will do if
there's no other way.
Thanks very much

Vitor