[audacity4blind] Re: sliders in audacity

  • From: "Gene" <gsasner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:06:14 -0500

that's how many sliders work, not just ibn Audacity but elsewhere. The slider is moving each time you press the arrow key but, for some reason, screen-readers, not just NVDA, don't announce the change. Evidently, fractions of whole number changes don't produce screen-reader accessible output. My guess is that you are moving visually but no fractions or decimal numbers are whown. It's visual, you probably see something like an arrow or something perhaps that looks like a cursor move.

You can type numbers if you wish, where available or you can move much more easily by simply holding an arrow key down for a period of time. Try experimenting. Hold an arrow key for two or three seconds and see how far you have moved. Once you get a feel for how fast you move, you can estimate how long to hold the arrow key before checking to see where you are.

Gene
----- Original Message ----- From: "vitorflash" <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>